About the Artist
Our long time Arts for Learning and Young Audiences theatre artists bring math to life in this theatre presentation.
MATHSAMAZING (Grades 3-7)
Math, not as an obstacle but as a doorway through which students can find a world that is fun, astonishing and inspirational. We invite our audience to dive into the sometimes intimidating subject of math with the same passion as they might a soccer or video game. It is, of course, funny. There are puppets, costumes, music and audience participation. We have gone digital in this production, adding multimedia to help clarify math. Among the many concepts MATHSAMAZING brings to life are:
- Archimedes’ bathtub eureka moment on calculating the Volume of an irregular object
- The Fibonacci Sequence
- How to get rich on pennies a day with Geometric Progression
- 3,4,5 Triangles using the Amazing rope of 12 Knots
- Math Riddles and Paradoxes
- Thales discovers the Law of Proportion by measuring the shadow of the Great Pyramid
- And a little Abbott and Costello on Multiplication and Division.
Single Performance: $915
Back to Back Performances: $1185
Program Guide: MathsAmazing